The worlds largest run is back in 2016, bigger and better than ever!
Set a challenge for Sunday, August 14. Enjoy the music, energy and fun from live DJ’s, bands, cheerleaders and dancers in the world’s largest fun run.
Want to be a part of the action, have a great time and do something rewarding? We want YOU to join our team!
To volunteer as part of a group, you must be part of an existing community group or organisation and all volunteers must be at least 8 years old. Groups that often volunteer for our events include Rotary clubs, Scout groups, Running clubs and many more. The only requirement is that the group are able to provide us with your certificate of currency in the Expression of Interest form below.
What does my club get out of it?
As a thank you, the Event will make a donation back to your club for each volunteer role filled on the day.
What kind of roles will volunteers be doing?
You will have the opportunity to select the area which you would like to be involved in at the event during the registration process! (We do our best to allocate volunteers to their preferred role, but very occasionally, due to operational reasons, we may need to allocate you a different position).
No roles are too laborious, but just require people willing to help out, work as a team, and have a good time!
Group Volunteer Roles
- Drink Station Volunteer
- Course Marshal
- Start Marshal
- Finish Marshal
- Gear Drop
- Gear Collection
- Medal Distribution
*Please note, roles vary as we get closer to the event. You may be asked to assist in roles other than the above.
PLEASE FILL IN THE BELOW FORM TO GO ON OUR WAITING LIST FOR ANY GROUPS WHO DID NOT VOLUNTEER IN 2015.
PLEASE NOTE. IF YOU VOLUNTEERED IN 2015 AND WOULD LIKE TO RETURN, DO NOT FILL IN THIS FORM. PLEASE EMAIL US ON THE BELOW.
Want to be a part of the action at the WORLDS LARGEST RUN? We want YOU to join our team!
Please note, Individual volunteers must be 18 years or over.
Individual Volunteer Registrations with the City2Surf Team have now closed.
BUT – You can still Volunteer at the City2Surf as a Course Marshal with Rotary International! Click the image below to be contacted by Rotary.
When do registrations open?
Now! Fill in the form to go on our waiting list. If you volunteered in 2015 and would like to do the same role again, please email us on the below
When do registrations close?
Approximately 2 weeks prior to the event or when roles are filled. But email us if you still want to volunteer as we might have the perfect role for you!
How many volunteers will be at the City2Surf this year?
There will be over 2700 volunteers at this years event!
What time will I need to start my shift?
City2South volunteer shifts start at approximately 5:30am
What time will I complete my shift?
Most shifts are completed approximately 1 hour after the last runner crosses the finish line. Some roles finish earlier.
What are some qualities of our volunteers?
- Respect for others
- Ability to accept change and run with it!
- Big, friendly smiles and enthusiasm
- Respectful personal presentation and hygiene
- Maturity, reliability and a love of life
- Willingness to work as a team and take direction from others
- Own it! Has initiative and the ability to read their role information and run with it!
Please be aware of the following before registering to volunteer:
- Minimum age for an individual volunteer is 18 years of age
- Minimum age for a group volunteer is 8 years of age
- Any minor under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian or group leader
- Individual volunteers and either the group leader or a member of the group must attend a training session prior to race weekend
- All registered community groups must provide a certificate of currency during registration
- All volunteers will be required to complete a 10 minute WHS online induction (not just group leaders. ALL volunteers).
- Early starts are required for both days of the event and can be as early as 5am
What is a valid certificate of currency?
This is a document which outlines your community groups Public Liability and Personal Accident cover. Please ask a leader in your group if you are still unsure.
How can I contact you if I have a question?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org