About the Event
The NRC Women’s Half Marathon Sydney is part of the largest global women’s event series, the Nike Women Victory Tour that will see female athletes around the world revel the power of the global female fitness community through a series of one-of-a-kind running and training events.
Be #BetterForIt Together with your crew in this first ever NikeWomen 21K in Sydney!
Volunteer Date: Sunday 3 July, 2016
Volunteer Location: Sydney Olympic Park
Community Group Volunteers
Want to be a part of the action & have a great time? We want YOU to join our team!
To volunteer as part of a group, you must be part of an existing community group or organisation and all volunteers must be at least 16 years old. The only requirement is that the group are able to provide us with your certificate of currency in the Expression of Interest form below.
What roles are available?
All roles are now full.
Thank you to everyone who has already registered
Individual Volunteers (Runner Motivators)
Want to be a part of the action, have a great time and do something rewarding? We want YOU to join our team!
Individual volunteers must be 18 years or over. If you are volunteering with friends, please let us know in your Expression of Interest form below, and we will do our best to position you together.
Individual Volunteer Roles
All roles are now full.
Thank you to everyone who has already registered.
When do registrations open?
When do registrations close?
Approximately 2 weeks prior to the event. But email us if you still want to volunteer as we might have the perfect role for you!
What time will I need to start my shift?
Volunteer shifts start at approximately 7:00am
What time will I complete my shift?
Most shifts are completed approximately 1 hour after the last runner crosses the finish line. Some roles finish earlier.
What are some qualities of our volunteers?
- Respect for others
- Big, friendly smiles and enthusiasm
- Respectful personal presentation and hygiene
- Maturity, reliability and a love of life
- Willingness to work as a team and take direction from others
- Own it! Has initiative and the ability to read their role information and run with it!
Please be aware of the following before registering to volunteer:
- Minimum age for an individual volunteer is 18 years of age
- Minimum age for a group volunteer is 8 years of age
- Any minor under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian or group leader
- Individual volunteers and either the group leader or a member of the group must attend a training session prior to race weekend
- All registered community groups must provide a certificate of currency during registration
- All volunteers will be required to complete a 10 minute WHS online induction (not just group leaders. ALL volunteers).
What is a Certificate of Currency?
A document outlining Personal Accident Cover and Public Liability Insurance for your community group.
How can I contact you if I have a question?
Email us at email@example.com