Fairfax Privacy Centre
You have come through to this page from a website which is owned and operated by Fairfax Media Limited.
In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means Fairfax Media Limited (ABN 15 008 663 161) and its related bodies corporate.
This policy sets out:
- what is considered personal information;
- what personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect personal information;
- what happens if we are not able to collect personal information;
- how to seek access to and correct your personal information;
- whether we disclose personal information outside Australia; and
- how to contact us.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act). However, due to the nature of some of our business activities, from time to time, we will handle personal information relying on the media exemption in the Act where appropriate. Where we do so, we will ensure that we comply with the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards. We may also rely on related bodies corporate and employee records exemptions in the Act. If you require more information on the collection and use of personal information in the course of journalism, please visit the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards at http://www.presscouncil.org.au/privacy-principles.
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Fairfax or are a long time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.